[pct-l] permit

dofdear aka Thumper dofdear at cox.net
Sat Jun 15 12:28:58 CDT 2013

Judson,

I would contact the PCTA via e-mail and then call first thing Monday morning
and request they try and immediately e-mail you your permit.  Their contact
info is at http://www.pcta.org/about-us/contact-us/ .  If that does not work
then I would either call or visit the US Forest Service office in Lake
Isabella.  They should be able to issue you a permit for the entire trip as
well.  Go to http://www.fs.usda.gov/sequoia/ for their contact info.  The
phone is 760.379.5646.  They might even e-mail and/or fax you your permit.

Thumper

Judson Brown
<mailto:pct-l%40backcountry.net?Subject=%5Bpct-l%5D%20permit&In-Reply-To=>
wrote:

Hello, All-

I am leaving in a couple of days on a trip from Tehachapi to Echo Lake.
Since this is over 500 miles, I submitted a request for a permit (only 12
days ago; they say 2-3 weeks).

I was hoping it would arrive earlier than they said, but it hasn't, and I
don't have flexibility in the starting date.

 I have a copy of the permit request e-mail, but I'm not sure that will
satisfy rangers in Sequoia.

I do have someone watching my mail, but I'm not sure when it's going to
arrive and, therefore, where to tell them to mail it to.

Anybody have any advise on this? I want my trip to be on the up and up, but
I can't wait around for the permit to show up.

Judson/bunnyslayer