[pct-l] Front pack/pouch

Ginger Hayes ginger.hayes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 16:39:00 CDT 2013

I hiked this year with a Mariposa pack, and a GG front pouch, the "hipster"
(http://gossamergear.com/packs/pack-accessories/hipster.html).  I was
really happy with this combination.  It's not large enough for water, but I
kept daily maps and my phone in there.  Also kept some snacks, hard candy,
lip protection, hand sanitizer, travel size kleenex packet, and my ziploc
wallet.  This pouch was the first thing on in the morning, and the last
thing off at night.  I kept it on all day long.  Because it did not attach
to my pack, it stayed on me whether or not my pack was on.  I didn't have
to worry about losing track of these things because they were always on me
and not in my backpack.  In addition I could access them easily while I was
hiking without having to stop.  A couple smart design features to this
little pouch is that the clip to fasten it is in the front (not under your
pack), and even if you forget to zip it closed, it doesn't flop open--I
never lost anything out of my pouch even though I forgot to zip it up all
the time.

Ginger/Soda Pop