[pct-l] a day hike

JoAnn jomike at cot.net
Mon Jun 10 19:50:44 CDT 2013

I was not aware this List is for thru hikers. I am a section hiker and small time trail angel. Today I hiked into the Deadfall Lakes in the Shasta-Trinity NF and at 7200’ there is no snow to be seen. I went from the Parks Creek TH into the larger of the lakes. Weather was delightful (it drop over 20 degrees in one day making today a perfect hiking day). We had been in the high 90’s at my 3000’ elevation making even the mountains hot. When the thrus come through it will probably be hot, as usual. Snow should not be an issue this year to any hiker.

are we there yet