[pct-l] Thru numbers

gary_schenk at verizon.net gary_schenk at verizon.net
Mon Jun 10 09:15:19 CDT 2013

 On 06/08/13, Diane Soini wrote:

"The trail can be successfully hiked without establishment-type trail
angels and without water caches and coolers left for hikers. I'm not
saying that these things are not appreciated. They are. But I did
notice that I started to expect a cooler at every road crossing and
started to feel not just disappointment but something a little more
greedy than that when it wasn't provided. It bothered me that I was
having these thoughts and feelings, actually. I felt ashamed of
myself. It might be helpful for restoring the experience of the trail
if there was less help rather than more."

Nicely put.

Gary