[pct-l] ] Thru numbers

Joseph Anderson joedaddy44 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 10:46:20 CDT 2013

Cheers to Team Turtle!

Our "Oasis" cache was hit VERY hard this season as well.

Increasing numbers have made it necessary to re-stock more often, but the
problem isn't just the numbers.

When I arrived to re-stock one day, there were maybe 15 hikers enjoying a
nice break in the shade sitting in the chairs we provide.

Under several of the chairs and next to many on the ground, I saw 3, 4,or
more empties that they had already finished. And some got more after we
filled the cooler!

I DON'T like signs that tell you what to do or how to do it, BUT........
next year there will be a sign saying something like,"Have ONE OR TWO and
move on". Be considerate of those behind you and those who have to buy and
re-stock on a daily basis.

Last season a pair of hikers wrote (bragged) in our register about drinking
18 beverages between the 2 of them!

VERY inappropriate trail etiquette. Behavior like this will be the demise
of the "ice chest" caches if it continues.

Papa Joe
Casa de Luna

--
Life is good!