[pct-l] REI changes return policy to return before 1 year

shon mcganty smcganty at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 4 12:05:40 CDT 2013

I'm supportive of REI's change in policy.  I often cruz the second-hand / returned merchandise rack, and REI writes down why the gear was returned, and I'm amazed at the stupid reasons some people bring gear back.  And I've been in line where someone wanted to return used shoes that were years old, they appearred well used by the way the leather was worn and cracked where the toes bend at the forefoot.  I can't imagine why someone would try to return shoes with over a thousands hard miles and expect new ones.