[pct-l] powerhouse fire

Kev hikevv at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 23:29:10 CDT 2013

PCTA is working on a reroute and I expect that the Sauffleys will be
kept in the loop so that they can inform hikers. With the fire still
growing, everything is still in a state of flux. But several miles of
trail in the Lake Hughes area did burn, and Angeles NF may keep the
trail closed for some time. In the meantime, PCTA.org is also posting
updates to their blog as they can.

Kevin Corcoran
Volunteer PCTA Area Coordinator, Sec E

 >From the latest press release I'm reading, it looks like there is not
currently any suggested alternate around the fire, which appears to have
burned the trail from about mi. 483 to 489 thus far. How are hikers dealing
with this? Are they using public transporation to Tehachapi/Mojave?
Catching rides to Hikertown? I have some friends on trail south of this and
I want to keep them informed.