[pct-l] Toes numb

lilacs007 at yahoo.com lilacs007 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 2 16:59:52 CDT 2013

Hi Kristy,

First- did you fall? If you did I would go to see a doc ASAP, especially if you have bladder changes.

Can you still feel something but they almost feel "asleep"?

That can be alarming! I've had that happen when we had a huge yard and I was weeding all week, 12 + hrs a day in same position. I had semi-permanent nerve damage on the side of my foot for 4 years from that!

I also have a spinal cord condition/injury that was diagnosed 3 years ago (misdiagnosed for 4 years after a fall, my condition is tethered spinal cord syndrome, and congenital) and I have nerve damage in my legs and feet. But it is not total numbness, more like pins and needles, and fire ants. So I don't think that is something you should worry about.

Most likely it's how you are walking and your shoes which are making your toes numb, with my spinal cord issue I find I'm very prone to that especially when I go walking/running.
(probably because my feet are already super sensitive)

I would get new shoes ASAP or try to make more room in your current ones, maybe modify them somehow for a few hours and keep switching (until you get new shoes).

If you keep walking like that for weeks or months you may injure nerves permanently :(

I have even injured a nerve trying to get a knot out on my arm (I don't give up easily I guess!)

Other causes of numbness are B12 deficiency.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile