[pct-l] Monkey Butt, Any treatment Ideas ????

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 07:18:18 CDT 2013

When I've had this, I've gotten rid of it very quickly by giving myself a
dose of some strong antifungal cream or lotion such as Tinactin, Desinex or
any other athletes foot medication.  It has gone away within the first day
of use.  Because of this, I always hike with a small tube of the stuff and
usually end up giving it to others who are red butted out.  The best
preventative is going "commando".  That's more fun anyway!

Antifungal cream is also great for jungle rot when you've had wet feet for
a few weeks.  We hiked wet and cold all through the snow of 2010 for over a
month and no one in our party got it.  North of Tahoe, however, it was
still wet but had warmed up quite a bit and all of us ended up with lobster
feet, some had sores and blisters and it was awful.  Everyone used my cream
and at the first chance, Sierra City, bought their own tubes and a can of
Tinactin spray to dose their shoes and sox for a week or so.  It also went
away quickly even though it was really scary looking.

Good luck.  Monkey butt is awful, but easy to treat.

Shroomer