[pct-l] Rides to Harts Pass

linsey mowoggirl at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 1 17:58:28 CDT 2013

Dear Bobcat,Hopefully the road to Hart's Pass will be clear by your start date.  The last report on May 24th stated there was still snow on the road for four miles before Hart's Pass.  If it is clear, you might actually want a ride a touch farther to Slate Peak.  Halfway between the two is a horseman parking lot with an outhouse and I found this impacted site ideal to cache the food I didn't want to lug to Canada and back (buried in OP sacks under some trees adjacent to the parking lot) and it is a short spur off the PCT.
See below a May post from PCT Mom copied from the archives.Sincerely, Lollygag
[pct-l] Winthrop, WA trail angelAndrea Dinsmore andrea at dinsmoreshikerhaven.com
Sat May 11 13:01:56 CDT 2013Previous message: [pct-l] Woman riding a horse. Frenchman hiking with two donkeysNext message: [pct-l] Update on Belden Package SituationMessages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ]For all the PCT hikers.....a message from the Winthrop, WA. trail angels.
Andrea- hello from Winthrop. We don't have a big house to take people in
anymore, but we are still planning on being trail angels for rides, also
can offer a camping/shower area. My number is still 509/3414250. We also
want to spend some days up at Harts Pass in Sept. with water and goodies.
I'm retiring this June, and will have more time to go up there mid-week. If
you could post this info, hat would be great. I'll let you know when the
time comes when we'll be at Harts Pass
Teresa Skye. (Skyward)

PCT MOM
Andrea Dinsmore