[pct-l] Resupply

Meridith Rosendahl meridith.rosendahl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 12:47:33 CDT 2013

Quincy is a hard hitch from Belden.  And the town is very spread out.  Do
your resupply in Chester, a fairly easy hitch nowadays or you may encounter
a trail angel at the trailhead who will give you a ride.  Chester is a very
compact town, easy walking, with a good grocery market, and a new Dollar
General store which has a lot of hiker-friendly groceries.

And go see the Dentist, Dr. Webb, Monday through Thursday across the street
from the Post Office.  Trust me, you *do* want to do this.  There are
rumors flying up and down the trail, and they are not rumors, it's true.
 Go see the dentist!!  Ask for the Tooth Fairy.

Chester has become a very hiker-friendly town with more and more people apt
to find a dirty hiker on the street and give him or her a ride (or them),
ask how they're hike is going, cheer because they've made it half way, or
in general make hikers feel welcome and loved.  I think this is all because
when you go to see Dr. Webb, if there are patients in the office they'll
clap and congratulate you for making it half way.  Then they go home and
tell their neighbors.  It's a lovely thing, and I'm so proud of our little
town.

Chester may soon be the most hiker-friendly town on the trail if it isn't
already!

Piper's Mom

Message: 4