[pct-l] Vermilion Valley Resort is up for sale

James A. Streeter james8313 at sti.net
Thu Jul 25 19:18:05 CDT 2013

>From the Fresno Bee 25 July 2013

Vermilion Valley Resort, an outpost of civilization for backpackers,
fishermen and campers at Edison Lake, is up for sale.

In a Saturday letter addressed to "our close friends," VVR owners Jim
and Vickie Clement announced they intend to sell the lakeside resort
tucked deep inside the Sierra National Forest.

"We are not sure how long this process will take, but assure our
following of wonderful customers that whomever we choose to take
ownership will be carefully vetted and have the passion and
determination needed to carry forward the VVR tradition," the letter
states.

Edison Lake sits just off the John Muir and Pacific Crest trails,
making the VVR a popular (and necessary) stopover for thru-hikers.
Fishermen target brown trout in the lake as well as rainbows and
brook trout in nearby creeks.

Jim Clement purchased VVR in July 2002 from former owner Peggy Wiggs,
who held it for one year following the death of her husband, Butch.

The property includes a main building that houses a cafe and market,
a small motel, a brand new shower and bathroom facility and several
cabins used as employee housing.

The Clements are planning to live year round in the Mammoth Lakes
area.