[pct-l] Burglar in Hiker’s House

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Jul 25 15:42:56 CDT 2013

Outside a local PCT trailtown a burglar broke into Grizzly andTrailDust’s cabin on night.  The burglarshines his flashlight around, looking for valuables when a voice in the darksaid, "Jesus knows you're here."

He nearly jumped out of his skin, clicked his flashlight off, and froze. Whenhe heard nothing more, he shook his head and continued to look around.

Just as he pulled the stereo out so he could disconnect the wires, clear as abell he heard, "Jesus is watching you."  Startled,he shined his light around frantically, looking for the source of the voice.  Finally, in the corner of the room, hisflashlight beam came to rest on a parrot.

"Did you say that?" he hissed at the parrot. "Yes", the parrot confessed, then squawked, "I'm just trying to warn youthat he's watching you."

The burglar relaxed. "Warn me, huh?  Whoin the world are you?"
"Moses," replied the bird.  "Moses?" theburglar laughed. "What kind of people would name a bird Moses?"

"The kind of people who would name a Rottweiler Jesus."