[pct-l] Trailtown Cougars

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 16:49:48 CDT 2013

One night our PCT hero, Grizzly, was down at the saloon withhis trail bros.  The conversation came upabout older women and cougar women lurking for younger men out on the trail andin trailtowns.  Grizzly’s pal, ClaimJumper,commented.
Well, this can be dangerous. One evening I was in off the trail for resupply at Ashland, OR.  After washing my clothes and getting my grubstake refilled, I headed over to the saloon-pizza parlor near my motel.
I was standing at the bar slowly finishing a cold brew when avery attractive older woman came up beside me and asked if I could use anotherdrink.  Not wanting to be impolite I saidyes and we headed for a table to sit down.
After ordering some hot pizza and more drinks we had a greattime.  She was pretty, fit, andintelligent and even mentioned that she was 60 years old.  It was pleasant to be with her and she paidfor everything.  She knew about the trailand liked to do day-hikes.  I complimentedher on her looks.  She said she did notwant to sound vain, but all the family females were very attractive.
Eventually, it was getting late.  Then she mentioned that may be I would liketo come back home with her for some mother-daughter "socializing."  I thought how could I be this lucky.  I must be dreaming, but it was very real.  I could hardly stand the anticipation thinkingabout her daughter and what she must be like.
When we arrived home, we walked in and she turned on the lightand yelled upstairs, "Mother are you still awake?"