[pct-l] Map app made specifically for my time on the PCT

Craig Stanton craigstanton at mac.com
Thu Jul 11 05:06:32 CDT 2013

Hello everyone,
	I thought you might like to know that the latest version of Tiled Maps has just been accepted by Apple and is now available in iTunes (https://bitly.com/vpDsMG). For those of you that don't know it, which is probably most of you, Tiled Maps is an iOS app I've written specifically for taking USGS Topo maps out into the high sierra where there is no cell phone reception. In this release I've added the ability to display GPX files (like the excellent Halfmile data http://www.pctmap.net/download/trackdl.html) and you can make maps transparent so you can combine flat-looking topo maps with shaded relief maps to get something like this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/474350/blog/tiledmaps/shadedreliefdemo%402x.png

The app will take any properly prepared map but I've gone ahead and prepared ones for California sections A-H and all of Oregon. I'll be working on getting the whole trail online in the next month or so.

http://wildmansoftware.com/mappacks.php

~Craig/SunWalker/Heaps