[pct-l] Vermilion Valley Resort

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 00:36:31 CDT 2013

Going to VVR is worth it just to meet and feast at a table prepared by
Jackass and Molasses.  They are two of my favorite hiker folk and he's a
wonderful cook as well.  He's spent several seasons as the cook at
Stehekin.  I am going to try to make it by in Sept. and hope the place is
still open.  But I've been in the wilds of B.C. for a bit and will be
re-hiking the Winds and Glacier NP in July after falling in love with them
both last year on the CDT.  Before I started that hike, Jackass had the
temerity to call me a "trail whore" when I told him I was going to attempt
something other than the PCT again.  But I guess he's right.  Hell I pretty
much fall in love with every darn mountain range I get into.  Just finished
the Bowron Lake Circuit and I'm lovin' the Cariboo Mountains of B.C. right
now.  Bear, moose, otter, beaver and enough bald eagles and osprey to last
a lifetime up there.  Spectacular!

Shroomer