[pct-l] Thank You All!

Alan Miller alan.miller401 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:03:24 CDT 2013

My wife and I just got back from our trip on the JMT and PCT near Mammoth.
 I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped us plan our trip - it
was absolutely amazing!

Here is a quick trip report if anyone is interested:
Day 1 - Horseshoe Lake to Crater Meadow
Day 2 - Crater to Rosalie Lake through Devil's Post Pile with a side trip
to Rainbow Falls
Day 3 - Rosalie to Thousand Island Lake
Day 4 - Thousand Island to Agnew Meadows via the PCT.

We totaled about 35 miles with side trips and a couple of wrong turns.
The trail was in great condition everywhere we hiked.
The temps were 80s during the day and pretty warm at night - maybe 50.
Mosquitoes were present but tolerable with the right combination of
clothing and deet.  It was breezy enough in the evenings that we could cook
and eat in relative peace.
As for us, we only had one day to acclimate so the climbs were pretty
tough, and the hardest ones always seemed to be right in the heat of the
day, but we never really felt any serious altitude sickness (nausea, etc.),
except for feeling completely and totally whipped by the end of the day!

Thanks again to all.  We had an excellent time seeing some beautiful
scenery and meeting some great people.