[pct-l] Never Underestimate a Trail Lady

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Jul 5 19:09:48 CDT 2013

Grizzly and his trail buddy, Nightmare, were down at the saloonand saw an ad in the local PCT trailtown newspaper.  It was for a mule for only $100.  They thought this is too cool for thetrail.
They contacted the rancher and paid him the money.  He agreed to deliver the mule the next day.

The next morning the oldrancher drove up and said, "Sorry, fellows, I have some bad news, the mule died lastnight."

Grizzly and Nightmare replied,"Well, then just give us our money back."

The rancher said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already down atthe saloon."

Grizzly’s spouse,TrailDust, was standing nearby and said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule."

Grizzly and Nightmare yelled,"What in the world do we want with a deadmule?"

TrailDust said, "We are going to rafflehim off."

The rancher said, "You can't raffleoff a dead mule!"

TrailDust replied, "We sure can!  We do not have to tell anyone he is dead!”

A couple of weekslater, the old rancher is in the saloon and runs into Grizzly, Nightmare, andTrailDust and asks, "What'd you ever do with that dead mule?"

Grizzly replies, “Sheraffled him off like she said she would.  It was amazing.  She sold 500 tickets for two dollars apieceand made a profitof $998."

The rancher said, "My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"
TrailDustreplied, "Well, the hiker who won got upset. So I gave him his two dollarsback."