[pct-l] Impact of WILD on PCT numbers

leslie dow leslie at atfore.com
Wed Jan 30 15:06:44 CST 2013

Have to come out of lurk for this one.  8)

Wild has inspired me to try a long section hike this year. I've wanted to do this for many years and things kept coming up, you know how it goes--job, kids whatever... After reading Wild, I realized that if I did not do it now, I would never actually get my butt in gear and ever do it!   I'm not sure I would have thought about it in time to actually plan had I read Wild last fall.

Anyway, this year I will be doing a solo hike starting July 1 at Onyx and (fingers crossed) ending up at Ashland mid-Aug or thereabouts. I am well into planning and training and feel pretty good about my chances to do the full 1000 miles, she says hopefully.

See you on the trail! (at least those starting late like me…)

Leslie