[pct-l] Impact of WILD on PCT numbers

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 09:15:15 CST 2013

Books can have a remarkable influence on people.  It was reading "A Hiker's
Heart", No Way Ray's posthumous book that finally got me out to hike the
PCT in its entirety.  I agree that the hike is not the center of Cheryl's
book, which is a story of her own personal redemption, but the trail is the
vehicle for that change.  Since reading that book, several friends who have
looked on a bit quizzically at my long hikes have now put it on their
bucket lists.  I'll bet there are many thousands more out there who've done
the same thing.  If just a fraction actually start, it could still be a
sizable increase.

Shroomer