[pct-l] Pack base weight - Mojave / Tehachapi

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Tue Jan 29 20:31:51 CST 2013

Here's a variation that worked well for me in 2010.  I hitched into Mojave on Oak Creek rd (long hitch).  The next day I did chores and got somebody to slack me between Oak Creek and Hwy 58.  The third day I hitched out to the PCT at Tehachapi Pass and started n orthward, rested and overloaded.   Two nights of motel, town food, resupply, laundry, and made miles all three days.

Mango