[pct-l] Pack base weight

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Mon Jan 28 19:16:21 CST 2013

Gosh Chuck, you can shave that down a bit by mailing a box to Onyx. I
suppose being a man the 15 mile hitch is a deterrent, but I found it
to be fairly easy. You can also shave a little bit of weight by
hiking the 8 more miles to the main highway instead of Tehachapi/
Willow Springs Road. Then you don't have so long to go to get to
Golden Oak Spring. Finally, if you time it just right, maybe they'll
be having the ruck at Walker Pass when you go through. That'll save
at least one meal you have to carry plus make it a little easier to
get a ride to Onyx since you'll be sort of lingering around there
wasting time anyway.