[pct-l] For Canadians - PCT Health Insurance

b j xthrow at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 26 07:34:22 CST 2013

I thought I'd share my initial research on health insurance costs for a Canadian resident for a one-time trip to the US.  I looked at a Apr 22 departure - Sept 17 and Apr 22 - Oct 1.  These costs would be different for you because they ask your age and your province, but their relative differences will give you a start.  I checked BCAA, Co-operators, BofM and CIBC.  If you're aware of others that might be more cost effective, please let me know.

BCAA won out by far and you don't need a membership to buy travel insurance and if you buy online, you get a discount.  If you are a member, there may be further discounts.

$280 (Sept 17), $305 (Oct 1)

Cooperators was a close second

$340 (Sept 17), $375 (Oct 1)

The banks were outrageous