[pct-l] Oregon (Eagle Creek)

Kelsey Bowen kelsey.anne.bowen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:08:39 CST 2013

Slightly off the 'Section B' subject but just in case anyone is planning to
hike in northern oregon - I just hiked Eagle Creek the other day.  It is
the first time I have hiked it in the dead of winter (even though I have
lived in Portland for years) and it is beautiful! And somewhat treacherous.
 There are the most beautiful icicles everywhere.

I say this because if the weather was much worse, or if it had recently
snowed, I think it would have been very unsafe to attempt to hike.  The
trail was covered in 3 inch thick sheets of ice in many places and anyone
who has hiked that trail knows the seriousness of that.  In many places the
cables where iced in.

Just a thought!
Kelsey