[pct-l] Leaving Date - The Herd

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:50:22 CST 2013

I started with the "herd" in 2010, but had to leave trail for 3 weeks
during the desert stretch due to family obligations, a wedding!  The gall
of these people!  I returned to trail just as my friends were entering the
Hi Sierra in early June.  I continued on from there to Canada and had a
marvelous summer with all the richness of hiking with some of the best
people I know.  I crossed into Canada Sept 17th and after spending a couple
of weeks with my wife, I returned to finish the last 350 miles of desert in
Oct.

The nice thing was that I got to experience the desert mtns in 2 very
different seasons and had the fun of hiking with the herd and also of
hiking alone for 3 weeks, a wonderful change.  By Oct. I was getting snow
flurries at elevation and down below, the summer heat was considerably
lessened .  I finished my thru hike at the Saufley's in Agua Dulce, a fine
end to an incredible summer.

Jump around and do whatever you have to do make it work.

Shroomer