[pct-l] Leaving Date - The Herd

CHUCK CHELIN steeleye at wildblue.net
Thu Jan 24 16:14:48 CST 2013

Good afternoon, Abilene,

"The herd” will be stretched out a bit after approximately 25 days.  Consider
that of those 25 days, 22 of them will be actual hiking days from the
Kick-Off.  The faster bunch of hikers booking about 25 miles per day will
be 550 miles past Lake Morena, or around Mile-570 of the trail.  That’s up
around the resupply towns of Mojave and Tehachapi.  The slowest-starting
hikers may only be booking 10 miles per day, so with around 240 miles under
their sneakers they will be somewhere between Interstate-10 west of Palm
Springs and Big Bear City.  The “average”, if there ever was such a thing,
may be at Agua Dulce.

Enjoy your trip,

Steel-Eye

http://www.trailjournals.com/steel-eye