[pct-l] Pct-L Digest, Vol 61, Issue 27

Edward Anderson mendoridered at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 22:21:14 CST 2013

WRONG. The Wilderness Act was designated by Congress in 1964. Mechanized transport, by any kind of machine, was clearly banned - about a decade before Mountain Bikes were invented.

under       PROHIBITION OF CERTAIN USES

I quote:    " - - - there shall be no temporary road, no use of motor vehicles, motorized equipment or motor boats, no landing aircraft, no other form of mechanized transport, and no structure or installation within any such area."

You are welcome to use the PCT and to visit our wonderful Wilderness Areas - just leave your bicycle at home. You can walk or ride a horse or a mule like the rest of us.