[pct-l] Women & Underwear on a PCT Thru Hike

Diane Soini of Santa Barbara Hikes diane at santabarbarahikes.com
Tue Jan 22 21:58:35 CST 2013

Well, I did wash my undies first before I washed myself with them.

My back hurt so much the first half of the hike I did whatever I
could for the second time to reduce weight. I managed to get a whole
bowling ball's worth of weight out of my pack. I just didn't want to
carry any extra weight, not even undies. But I did get caught once
with nothing to wear while my clothes were washing. Hence the skirt.

Everybody finds their own way out there. Whatever works. Most people
probably do everything better than I do. I just share what I did in
case it gives anybody ideas.

Diane