[pct-l] wheeled backpack

Sir Mixalot atetuna at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 06:46:25 CST 2013

I believe the restriction originates with the wilderness areas that the PCT
goes through.  I don't believe the ADA would apply since the PCT is not
improved.  It's a very primitive trail  I recall that having something to
do with why some privies on the Appalachian Trail had to have wheel chair
ramps installed.  Nevermind that the trail leading to and from that
location would be inhospitable to wheelchairs.

Since I mentioned the Appalachian Trail, I have heard of people
successfully thru hiking it with this wheeled pack.  One of them posted
recently about her thru hike on www.whiteblaze.net.

Hopefully your son is not considering thru hiking the PCT with this if he
can't carry that pack.  With the hard spring snow and the deep and fast
water crossings, I think this device would be extremely dangerous on many
parts of the PCT during thru hiking season.

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM, jack kendrick <jackkendrick84 at frontier.com