[pct-l] Stoves

Yoshihiro Murakami completewalker at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:18:06 CST 2013

Recently, there are very efficient canister stoves.   If you add only
sufficient windscreen to your stove, much fuel can be saved:

My classic stove system is indicated bottom of this page:
https://sites.google.com/site/completewalker/equipments/dining/stove-system
( sorry mainly in Japanese )

Primus P-153 Ultra Burner
Primus Windscreen
250g Gas Canister
MSR Cannister Stand

Based on my simple experiment, around 20% fuel can be saved.  I can
cook for 1 week or more with this system.

My new cooking system is Primus Eta PackLite:  very efficient stove.
It is sufficient for 20 or more days cooking. ( I usually boil 2-3
litter in a day.  Americans do not cook as Japanese, so you can cook
around 1 month with 1 canister.

There are also other famous systems: Jetboil and MSR Reactor system.
If you select one of these efficient stove systems, you need a new
canister once in a month.

--
Sincerely
Hiro    ( Yoshihiro Murakami  村上宣寛 )