[pct-l] GeoCahces on the PCT

CJ & Cristy Miller soggy2pair at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 11:01:17 CST 2013

I had run a general "caches along a route" for a section in Oregon, as a "pocket query".

I imagine you are probably a Premium Member with Groundspeak, geocaching.com,
which you likely know the pocket query and finding caches along a route. With that
said, you'll likely find local cachers out on day/multi-day trips rather than thru-
hikers, mostly because of the potential for slowing progress to divert off-trail, or
in town caching.
Although, in my search there did seem to be a decent population of caches that may
allow for planning camping or lunch/rest-breaks near caches.

Also, in the query you'll notice that, for those caches along the PCT, many are
placed by the same cachers/groups.  My recommendation might be to message
them through the Groundspeak site and I'm sure they would have information
on a meet-up, or a section hike meet-up for some caching fun.

.cj (underceej)

John Wolden jpwolden
at live.com
Thu Jan 10 23:45:59 CST 2013