[pct-l] Cold feet!

Scott Williams baidarker at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 22:20:35 CST 2013

I agree Diane,

It's likely you'll end up hiking at different speeds than your friends over
time anyway, and that is one of the real deciding factors for who you're
likely to end up hiking with.   The wonderful folks that you will quickly
get to know on trail, who travel at just your speed, is incredible.  If you
are set on going, just go and don't second guess your buds.

Save up as much cash as you can right now, go easy on the partying on and
off trail and don't come in with a beer in one hand and then stiff the
trail angels if you're short!  Tell them you're broke and ask what you can
do to help instead of leaving a tip.  There's always lots to be done, and I
don't know of any that would turn you away with that kind of honesty and
positive attitude.

Hike on Jonathon,

Shroomer