[pct-l] Alcohol stove

Dennis Phelan dennis.phelan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 11:52:42 CST 2013

for what it is worth:  Alcohol and Esbit stoves are very sensitive to
wind.  I had an experience where my Esbit stove never did boil the water
because the wind kept blowing the flame away from the bottom of the pot.
Isopropane stoves have more pressure and therefore arn't quite so
sensitive, but they too can consume excessive fuel due to wind.  Bottom
line; make sure you have some wind screen or extra fuel.

Dennis
'