[pct-l] Reality Check on Craig's PCT Planner

David Ellzey david at xpletive.com
Mon Jan 14 04:40:36 CST 2013

You should really adjust your hours foremost. In June you will have something like 15 hours of light (including twilight) so I doubt you'd want to sit almost half the day in a camp. As a base, use 12 hours a day for the entire hike and adjust from there. Also, unless you are in REALLY good shape starting out you will want to adjust your hike speed down to 1.9 mph and slowly increase it up to about 2.5 by Tahoe (assuming a NoBo hike) or faster if you know you are a fast hiker. You can also zero out the elevation gain penalty by Tahoe as well.

BigToe