[pct-l] boots

Palomino palomino.pct at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 08:36:48 CST 2013

I like Lowa Ventos for "high tops" ...relatively light, breathable, and
they *fit my feet*! I like Vasque low cut trail runners without any
goretex-type stuff more often than not. I wear them everywhere, everyday,
with custom orthotics because I'm almost always on my feet. For me, the
orthotics stopped the problems I had encountered before I started using
them...Morton's neuroma, plantar fasciitis, and achilles strain.

But, when it comes to shoe selection, to twist the old '60s saying a little
bit, if it doesn't feel good, don't do it. Lighter, more breathable, and
quicker to dry is better for most of the PCT without question, but don't
wear something that causes you pain. If you have already hiked the AT, you
know what your feet need to sustain a long hike.

Two cents, YMMV, HYOH, etc.

Palomino
Jim Ostdick
San Juan Bautista, CA