[pct-l] Vegan Thru Hike?

Becky Cohen rrcohen1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 08:54:06 CST 2013

Thanks everyone for all of the input. Mainly (as I wrote in my initial
post) I'm interested in finding out about any towns/resupply points that
were vegan friendly or hearing from folks who attempted a vegan/veggie thru
hike and have tips to share. I'm vegan because my body doesn't process
dairy well and I don't need animal protein in my daily life (it's pretty
intense on the environment and isn't something I need to be healthy). I am
hoping to maintain being a vegan during the hike, but if the choices are
cheeseburgers or be hungry then I'm sure Yogi is right and I'll opt for the
cheeseburger :)

I would welcome emails from anyone with resources, trail towns not to miss
because they have vegan ice cream, tips on how they stayed vegan or
challenges they had with it. I'm not really interested in debating the
morals of being vegan, etc etc etc.

Thanks everyone!!