[pct-l] Vegan Thru Hike?

Christopher Sussman chris.sussman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 21:11:36 CST 2013

Becky,
While we can understand and partially agree with Yogi's assessment, we
thru hiked the PCT this year and were vegetarians the whole way. We
also knew another thru hiker who was vegan. Are we the minority? Quite
possibly. Is it unheard of? No.  You can certainly hike the trail as a
vegetarian and though we cannot speak for the vegan side of things it
seems doable.  Just enter with an open mind and know that change is
good. We just happened to find that our dietary preference was
something that did not change. We shipped ourselves food half the time
and bought along the trail for the remainder.

Cheers,
Chris & Sarah
(Shivers & BAM PCT 2012)