[pct-l] Successful Thruhike with Dog

Barry Teschlog tokencivilian at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 9 16:29:46 CST 2013

Yogi wrote:
"The GREAT thing about thru-hiking with a dog is that it can carry your gun, your bear canister, and your water through the desert."

The big thing Yogi forgot in that list is that the dog can also carry the spare parts to the mountain bike - extra spokes, tubes, tires, chain, the pump, tools and the rest.

After all, having Rover run along as you ride the "Perfect Cycling Trail" would be GREAT!

(Note:  the above is 100% snark, if not 120%.  Please spare the nasty grams - I've previously made my view clear on the matter.  In fact, I'd hope that the errant dog on the trail would be trained to lift it's leg on, or better still, squat and leave a "deposit" on any mountain bikes it comes across on the PCT.  Now THAT would be the kind of trail dog I could REALLY like.  Good Rover.....on the seat Rover....on the seat Rover....good boy, good boy, here's a treat.)