[pct-l] AT kickoff

Jim & Jane Moody moodyjj at comcast.net
Mon Jan 7 13:10:30 CST 2013

There is no early season kick-off on the AT.  The equivalent "festival" would be Trail Days, which is held in Damascus, VA around Mother's Day in May.  Starting now would be a good way to find plenty of space in shelters, or go sobo.   Several thru-hikers are already on the the AT, having started on Jan 1.  The large st clump of hikers usually start between mid-march and mid-April, nobo.

Mango