[pct-l] Trail runners vs hiking boots

tj tmjgame at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 23:44:12 CST 2013

I completely agree that a hybrid shoe/boot works best.   Last year I walked
in a TEva light wt boot and had no problems.  Unfortunately, the cinder rock
in the Oregon cascades destroyed the uppers.  This year I plan on walking in
a Solomon XA 3D ultra2  GTX.  Not the lightest shoe, but it does have a firm
sole.  Until the recent lightweight trial running shoe craze, these bad boys
were the choice of ultra runners.   No , I don't work for Solomon but I wish
I did cuz I could use the free shoes.   Be sure to break them in, as is,
make sure you have NO hot spots or your hike will be a painful on.  Walk
on!!!!   TJ