[pct-l] Food Bar Calorie Densities Compared

nbonazzoli at gmail.com nbonazzoli at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 12:18:29 CST 2013

There's another great bar that I get at Costco and really works well
for backpacking. This is the Mrs. May's bars, which are vegan, with no
trans fats, no additives, cholesterol or preservatives.

They are a combo of nuts, seeds and fruits, and are crunchy as opposed
to the softer bars. 1 48g bar has 238 calories, and the breakdown is
as follows: Total Fat 16g; Total Carbs 20g (fiber 3 g and sugars 8g)
and Protein 6g. You buy them as a combo box of 3 different flavors:
the one I have sitting in front of me reads: cashews, almonds,
pistachios, tropical fruits (pineapple, mango, papaya) sesame seeds,
sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, dates, raisins, rice malt, natural
flavors, evaporated cane sugar, sea salt. The run around $1/bar at
Costco and come in a box of 15.

Mystic Forest