[pct-l] Half Dome

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Wed Feb 20 22:48:28 CST 2013

On Feb 20, 2013, at 10:58 PM, Christopher Sussman <chris.sussman at gmail.com> wrote:
> Again, the backcountry permit office is right on the trail and we
> walked in, explained we were thru hikers wanting to finish the JMT and hike Half
> Dome, and we got a permit for the next day. No line. No confusion. No
> problem!

One thing to keep in mind is that you may want to arrange your day so that you
get to Tuolumne before the permit office closes.  If you arrive late in the day
you'll have to wait for the office to open in the morning, probably wait
in linem and you may find that you can't get a permit for your desired trail head
until the next day.

Just something to keep in mind as you leave the Red's Meadow area just before
Yosemite.

Radar