[pct-l] Sequester and National Parks (was Re: Yosemite & HalfDome)

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:30:09 CST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 2:35 PM, Stephen Clark <rowriver at gmail.com> wrote:
> A maximum of 300 hikers are allowed each day on the Half Dome Trail beyond
> Little Yosemite Valley. Typically about 225 day hikers and 75 backpackers
> each day.

Great info!

(THIS IS NOT A POLITICAL POST, please don't turn it into one. Make
politically argumentative posts off list if you really need to comment
in that way. Thanks!)

The question I have, and maybe some folks need to think about as part
of their planning, is that if the national budget goes into sequester,
the national parks budget will be slashed heavily. Will this have a
potentially very negative effect on being able to go anywhere off
trail in national parks like Yosemite, etc?

Dan Jacobs
Washougal
--
"Loud motorcycle stereos save lives."