[pct-l] Simple idea to prevent blister

Dan Jacobs youroldpaldan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 19:25:30 CST 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM, Yoshihiro Murakami
<completewalker at gmail.com> wrote:
> The cause of blister is shear force to exfoliate the dermis and the
> epidermis  by the friction. In other words,  it is necessary to reduce
> the friction between skin and socks to prevent blisters. There are
> several strategies.
>
> The smart wool socks reduce the humidity of the surface of skin.
> The socks should be changed regularly.

My apologies to our friends in Japan and elsewhere if they haven't
seen the movie "Forrest Gump", but this little bit  of advice can help
prevent blisters, etc., if you are wearing shoes that fit well and
don't otherwise give the wearer problems:

LT Dan Taylor: "There is one item of G.I. gear that can be the
difference between a live grunt and a dead grunt. Socks. Cushioned
sole, O.D. green. Try and keep your feet dry. When we're out humpin',
I want you boys remember to change your socks whenever we stop. The
Mekong will eat a grunt's feet right off his legs. . . Two standing
orders in this platoon: One, take good care of your feet. Two, try not
to do anything stupid, like getting yourself killed."

PVT Forrest Gump: "I sure hope I don't let him down."

I like to change socks at least once in the middle of my hiking day.
Sometimes it's like putting on new shoes.

Don't let me down, folks. ;-)

Lt Dan
Washougal
--