[pct-l] Mt Laguna resupply

patrick griffith patrickjgriffith at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 20 03:53:51 CST 2013

Hi All,
I've a question regarding resupply at Mt Laguna. This is the first resupply stop on the trail and want to know if it is possible to buy everything needed to get to Warner Springs and so avoid carrying too much food weight from Campo. I think it sensible to 'ease' into the trail, and would like to avoid carrying food for the whole 109mile stretch of section A if I can. I have been considering sending a trial resupply box here, but given it will only be a few days after I start I wonder whether or not it will arrive on time, even if I mail it from Dan Diego as I don't yet know how fast the USPS operate and don't know if there is a standard turn around time. I've been looking at Yogi's guide which suggests from experience most hikers would just buy here and send a box to Warner Springs. Do you all concur?
Patrick