[pct-l] When to retire a running shoe

nosirreeb nosirreeb at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 22:50:06 CST 2013

Article in NY Times Well blog. Some interesting info, but no real consensus.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/18/when-to-retire-a-running-shoe/

Ryan Hall, one of the world’s best distance runners, used to pride
himself on wearing his running shoes into nubs. No more. Now he
assiduously replaces his shoes after running about 200 miles in them. He goes through two pairs a month.
“I know that my shoes could
probably handle a couple of hundred more miles before they are worn out, but my health is so important to me that I like to always make sure my
equipment is fresh,” he said.