[pct-l] Printing halfmile maps at half size. Anybody interested?

Rika Oli rikaandoli at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 16:08:07 CST 2013

I'm going to be printing out halfmile maps this year through GISI in
Portland. I've decided to have the maps printed double sided and 2-up,
meaning 2 map pages per sheet per side. So, on a single 8.5x11  piece of
paper there is 4 pages of map.  GISI is going to charge me a setup fee for
this, so I figured I might as well see if there are any other hikers out
there want their maps printed at half size and could help out with the
setup fee. I can't guarantee that it will cost a whole lot less than
printing out 1-up maps, but I can guarantee that you'll save half the
amount of weight. I hike with full size maps last year and found the size
unnecessary. I printed out a few pages at half size on my printer at home
and still find the maps, text, and elevation graphs totally readable.

If you're interested in going in on printing with me, please let me know by
responding to my email address. The more people we get, the less it will
cost for all of us. GISI will ship it to you or you can pick it up if
you're near Portland.

Thanks!
Rika (aka Double Sprainbow)