[pct-l] Music on the Trail and Rain Gear

Craig Giffen cg at lunky.com
Tue Feb 19 12:28:15 CST 2013

I just bought a Sansa Clip+ off Amazon for $30.  You can expand them with microSD cards too.  Seems to work pretty well.  Apparently battery life is around 15 hours or 10 hours if using stuff on the microSD card.  I have a solar USB charger and since the players are cheap and light, might just buy an extra player so one can be charging.  Right now I'm running iTunes on a second computer to transcode all my music down to 128kbps mp3 files

When I finished up the last 500 miles of the PCT in 1996 I couldn't stomach the thought of not having music anymore.  I brought my walkman and 20(!) cassette tapes.   The worst part was having to ration battery power, ugh.  Having the music really helped keep me motivated and my brain active.

CG

Message: 17