[pct-l] improvised windshield for MSR Pocket Rocket stove?

Randy Godfrey randy3833 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 19 09:15:10 CST 2013

Gideon,

I use the windscreen from my MSR Whisterlite with my Pocket Rocket. It isn't all that effective, though. The burner ends up being higher than the windscreen was designed to cover, so that I have to somehow prop up the windscreen with rocks, which lets the wind under the screen. The MSR windscreen foil is a bit heavy, too.

All in all, I don't recommend going that route.

Randy