[pct-l] Big Agnes Fly Creek 1

lorna at ptera.net lorna at ptera.net
Mon Feb 18 18:10:43 CST 2013

The Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 weighs just about exactly the same as the Fly Creek 1, so you might as well get that. The Big Agnes Fly Creek 2 UL Platinum is about 5 oz. lighter than the regular Fly Creek UL 2, but it’s expensive.  I weighed the Platimum.  It was 36 oz., including stakes, stake bag, poles, pole bag, and tent bag.  My plastic footprint, made out of a mattress bag, was an additional 6.6 oz.  I felt I needed it to protect the tent.  (The Platinum was on sale on the Big Agnes website for $399 when I last looked a week or two ago.)  I used it for 750 miles last summer and I loved it.  It squishes down so small.  It is a little bit breezy, sometimes, and there’s a chance you could get some backsplatter in heavy rain, because the fly doesn’t go all of the way down to the ground.  Mostly, breeze is good, though, and you just have to make sure you orient the tent properly!  I seriously considered buying the Zpacks Hexamid Solo Plus, but it was sold out at the time I needed it.